Earning your Master’s in Education (M.Ed.) is a great way to expand your professional horizons, grow your knowledge, and increase your salary potential. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics states that those holding an M.Ed. can expect up to 44 percent higher wages than those with their bachelor’s in education. So what do you need to start earning more with your M.Ed. degree? The first step in this journey is meeting the requirements to get accepted into an M.Ed. program. After you understand both the expectations of an M.Ed. program and the careers that require an M.Ed., you will be on your way to success.
What is Required to get into an M.Ed. Program?
Your intellect, determination, and work ethic can lead you on the right path to your M.Ed. degree, but you’ll also need to meet the basic requirements for admission into a program. Every M.Ed. program will have its own set of specific requirements, yet they usually have many standard prerequisites in common. In order to get into the M.Ed. program at 365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University you will need to meet the following admission requirements:
- Complete a graduate application for admission.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for 365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University graduates).
- Submit an unofficial or official transcript.
- You must show that you have earned a bachelor’s degree from a college, by an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the equivalent of this degree from another country with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA may be considered for conditional admittance into the program under certain circumstances.
- Provide a professional resume.
- Submit proof of immunizations (measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella).
In addition to these requirements, you must also complete the following steps before full admittance:
- Interview with the program director and/or faculty for admittance.
- Provide three strong recommendations highlighting excellence in the applicant’s professional experience.
Once accepted into the program, you must maintain a 3.0 GPA. Unlike many programs, 365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University does not require you to submit GRE scores for admission. Remember that every institution will have its own unique requirements, so before applying, be sure to understand the nuances of each school’s application process.
What Careers Require an M.Ed. Degree?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), those with their M.Ed. earn about $200 more a week than those with their bachelor’s degree in education. So, there is quite a bit of earning potential with an M.Ed.! Here are some careers that require an M.Ed. degree:
- Reading Specialist. As a reading specialist, you can improve the educational strategies used to teach reading and literacy skills. This is a fulfilling career with an average pay scale of around $39,000 – $60,000per year.
- Educational Administrator. Educational administrators provide leadership and offer day-to-day direction at academic institutions. While the job is demanding, it’s often fairly compensated with a strong average salary of around $97,500 per year.
- Curriculum Coordinator. This job not only has a high salary of $66,970 a year, but it also has a 10% job growth. You can earn high wages while developing, implementing, and assessing instructional material.
- Academic Coach. As state standards become harder to reach, the need for academic coaches is growing. Academic coaches can work as private tutors or in school systems to help teachers learn new techniques and programs. The annual salary varies between $40,000 – $120,000 depending on whether you choose to work in a private or public sector.
- Professor. Many colleges require a minimum of a master’s degree in order to become a professor, although some do require a Ph.D. Many professors choose to satisfy this requirement with an M.Ed. degree. As a professor, you can provide specialized education to your students while earning a high average salary of$80,560 per year.
- Corporate trainer. A corporate trainer is exciting career that allows you to use an M.Ed. outside of the school system. Corporate trainers help companies educate their employees to grow skills and gain professional specializations. The median pay for a training specialist is $62,700 per year.
Your M.Ed. degree will open doors to many exciting careers, and earning one has never been easier. You can start earning your degree online at a flexible schedule and pace that works for you. This means you can continue to work in your current career while preparing yourself for a more lucrative future career. Now that you know the M.Ed. prerequisites and what careers require an M.Ed., it is up to you to take the next step in furthering your education.
If you are ready to start your journey towards a Master’s in Education, reach out to 365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University today! For more information call 1-800-889-3282 or visit us online.
365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University is a nonprofit institution of higher education and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), formerly known as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). 365滚球体育彩票_线上投注官网~ University was founded in 1999, with the goal of serving a diverse student population with career-focused degree programs that lead to strong employment outcomes.